Skilled Resources Management & Professional Development
....Implementation of skills planning, professional development and resource utilization
Services organizations meet customer needs for solutions through the application of professional “know how.” In the services business, it is insufficient for professionals to just understand what a product can do for a customer. Real value is placed on services professionals’ knowledge of how to use a product in a particular customer’s operating environment. A new approach to professional development and performance management is required to develop and maintain this “know how” and successfully compete as a services provider.
Key elements of this practice area include:
- Services Career Models and Job Role Templates
- Consulting and Services Professionals’ Career Roadmaps
- Qualification and Certification Criteria for Professional Careers
- Skills Assessment and Planning
- Expert Communities and Knowledge Sharing
- Services Professional Development Framework
- Utilization Plans for Job Roles and Levels
- Compensation and Performance Programs and Career Model Alignment with Human Resources
Value to the Client.....
- Increased knowledge of and visibility to services skills and capabilities
- Smoother, less painful transition of the professional workforce to a services culture
- Sustained capability to compete through implementation of services skills planning and professional development processes
- Shortened time to proficiency for services professionals
- Efficiently utilized skilled resources across organizational boundaries
- Leveraged training investments across organization boundaries
- Competitive and motivated services professionals
INSIGHT offers a series of capabilities that are customized to fit specific client needs.
- Best Practices Workshops and Assessments that compare industry best-in-class models with your current models, to assess gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Skills Management and Professional Development Process Design and Deployment workshops and planning sessions that focus on:
- Developing and integrating components of a Professional Development Framework, including identifying, assessing, acquiring, developing and deploying professional skills for professional services engagement opportunities
- Aligning and integrating Human Resources programs, processes and metrics to effectively support a services business model
- Creation of an Organization Structure, with dedicated leadership and mission for management of a learning strategy and skills planning, that would include:
- Learning Culture and Infrastructure
- Strategic Skills and Competency Management
- Governance and Communication
- Funding Models
For more information...